Join Acupuncturist and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Alaine Duncan for a year-long exploration of her East-meets-West approach to restoring balance and regulation in survivors of traumatic stress.
- Integrate theoretical and clinical concepts from Western neuroscience with the Five Elements of Acupuncture and Asian Medicine (AAM)
- Learn interaction, observation, and body-informed clinical skills to support balance and regulation in trauma survivors.
- Receive in-depth didactic and hands-on instruction and practice to help trauma survivors through each phase the self-protective response.
- Acupuncturists, Somatic Experiencing Practitioners and Intermediate level SE students – and other providers with equivalent training are welcome.
60 CEUs pending for L.Ac.s, Psychologists, LCSWs, MFTs, RNs, MTh, PTs, MDs, & NDs.
Free copy of The Tao of Trauma: A Provider’s Guide to Integrating Five Element Theory and Trauma Healing by Alaine Duncan with Kathy Kain with your registration!
- Pay in full by January 25, 2019: $1600
- Pay in two installments due January 25 and July 1, 2019: $900 each
- Pay in four installments due January 25, March 1, July 1, and October 1, 2019: $500 each
Participants who are unable to attend a particular class will be offered a pro-rated credit towards a future class. 10% discount for students.
Crossings Healing and Wellness
8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 300
Silver Spring, Maryland
The 2019 Workshop Series will be held on Saturdays and Sundays, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm.
January 26 & 27, 2019.
The whole body is alarmed when the Water Element signals threat. Explore the Kidney/Heart axis, the Polyvagal System, the impact of consuming fear on morbidity, mortality, and the inter-generational impact of traumatic stress. Learn skills to restore a sense of safe container, build capacity in the Kidney/adrenal system, and re-establish regulation in the brain stem.
More info: ToT-Winter
March 23 & 24, 2019.
The Wood Element mediates our fight or flight response. Thwarted mobilization can result in chronic pain, lack of embodied awareness and challenges in orienting to safety and danger. Learn skills to support proprioception in the sinews, capacity to orient to threats, and a return to benevolence in the Liver Blood.
More info: ToT-Spring
June 8 & 9, 2018.
The Fire Element functions of relationship, connection and coherence are deeply impacted by trauma. Profound vulnerability and shame require nuanced approaches to restore the Kidney/Heart axis, the pericardium’s capacity for connection, the Triple Burner’s infrastructure for connection and the Heart spirit’s gift of coherence, propriety and regulation.
More info: ToT-Summer
September 14 & 15, 2018.
The Earth Element is vulnerable to freeze/shutdown in trauma. Explore the visceral brain and the impact of pre and peri-natal trauma on adult morbidity and mortality and community health. Learn ways to help move memories out of muscle tissue, support restoration of the gut biome, help patients digest food and experiences, and find stability.
More info: ToT-LateSummer
November 2&3, 2019.
The Self-Protective Response begins and ends with somatic awareness, supported by the Metal Element. Embodying successful survival leaves our interoceptive system available to provide clear and unencumbered information to awaken arousal to future risks. Practice cultivating somatic mindfulness, touching the skin as a boundary organ, and restoring regulation in the diaphragms after global arousal.
More info: ToT-Autumn